Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween Hayride




I can't believe I forgot to post about the Halloween Hayride that we went on last Saturday. Not this past Saturday but the one before that. We went with Vicki, Jeff and the girls and my Mom and Dad. It was a lovely time. We decided to meet for dinner at Outback before hand and since we didn't want to be late to the hayride we decided to meet at 5:00 since our hayride was at 8:00 but we wanted to get there by 7:30. What a mistake that was! We we're finshed eating by 6:00 and now we had a cool two hours to kill before we were ready to go on the ride. This is something that Nicholas could just not understand. The whole time we were at Outback he kept complaining that he didn't want to be there he just wanted to go on the hayride. So he pretty much refused to eat dinner.



So we left Outback and proceeded to the Farmpark. Yeah...we were a little early! But luckily they had a good DJ that kept the kids dancing while we waited. Except for Charlie who just wanted to run. Here's a couple pictures of Emma, Lauren, Nicholas and Charlie dancing their little butts off...


The night was going pretty well until a horde of people that were waiting behind us suddenly decided that they were going to step ahead of us in line. It was obvious to them that we must have already ridden the ride since we were having such a good time dancing to the DJ! One lady in particular was a little pushy and I was ready to have it out with her. It all worked out in the end though and everybody was able to get on the ride!!

Overall it was really cute. It was our first time riding the night time ride. Last time we did the twilight ride. The kids were funny with just a couple of true scares. Charlie proceeded to say "that scare me" repeatedly during most of the ride. Afterward the kids had a great time running through the haymaze and Charlie had fun on the teensy tiny little slide they had set up for kids about his size. I'll definitely buy tickets for this event next year. I just think I'll arrive at the time my ride is scheduled for instead of 1 1/2 hours early!
Oh yeah...and by the time we got home, Nicholas was starving. He proceeded to eat his whole steak at 10:00 at night!!
So I've got a lot more stuff from our busy weekend but I don't have time to update now. I'll post more soon.

No comments: