Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Everyday they change

It's amazing to me. After school today Nicholas asked if his friends Jenna and Zander could come over for lunch. Since I've said no so many times in the past I figured what the heck. Only Jenna ended up coming over. They ate their lunch and then they played for a little while. They then decided that they wanted to go outside to play. Since our lawn had just been fertilized they decided to go back to Jenna's house to play. So off they went together with just a "be careful" and "watch for cars" from me. At just the beginning of the summer I had to go with him when he went down the street. He was too shy or too nervous to go by himself. Now he just says "I'm going to ride my bike Mom" and he's off. It's already starting that he doesn't need me anymore. I'm sad. I know I'm supposed to be happy that he's getting so independent and the shyness that used to drive me crazy is subsiding but I can't help but to miss my little boy. I still think about the days when he was just infant and we would take naps together with him fast asleep on my chest. It just goes so fast.

No comments: